A Christmas at Gingerbread Falls by Katie Mettner
Publication date: October 12th 2021
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Holiday, Romance
Actress Carrie Murray’s films are a Christas lover’s delight. Filled with twinkling lights, festive carols, and happy endings, they’re the perfect escape from reality—for her and the audience. Then Tinseltown calls.
Braxton Timothy is Hollywood’s biggest action star. Handsome and talented but decidedly on the naughty list, no one can fathom his sudden desire to produce a feel-good Christmas movie—least of all, his no-name co-star.
Alternating between scenes reminiscent of everyone’s favorite made-for-TV movies and unexpected, off-screen chemistry, Gingerbread Falls has surprises in store this holiday season. The question is, will there be enough Christmas magic to convince two imperfect people that they’re perfect for each other?
This “sweet as a Christmas cookie” romance (bestselling author Heidi Swain) includes an original recipe for Maple Glazed Gingerbread Scones.
Goodreads ~ Purchase: Amazon ~ B&N ~
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Katie Mettner
1. I shattered my left lower leg (resulting in subsequent below knee amputation) on my first trip ever down the bunny hill. My envisioned Olympic downhill skiing career started and ended in record time.
2. I met my husband online (Back then you used email to contact people on dating sites) in November of 1999. We met at Thanksgiving, were engaged on New Years, and married in April. We had our daughter eleven months later. We are celebrating 22 years in April.
3. When I published my first book, I had no idea other people could buy it on Amazon and read it. I thought I was only getting Kindle copies for my family. Imagine my surprise! I was so naïve! I worked full-time and was raising three kids, so I didn’t do a lot of research into this thing called KDP. The site offered paperbacks and eReader copies, so I signed up! It’s okay, I’m laughing too!
4. I’m addicted to tattoos. I got my first one three years ago and never stopped. I’m eight tattoos in and planning my next one. It might involve a gingerbread man…
5. In 2009 I became a living kidney donor for my husband’s brother. My husband was going to donate but couldn’t because of familial high blood pressure, so I decided to get tested. I turned out to be a better match anyway, and we went forward with the surgery in June. That was twelve years ago and we’re both doing great with just one kidney. ? The lesson is, if you can, share your spare, the rewards to the donor are as great as the one for the recipient.
6. I am always working on at least one manuscript (writing) and one manuscript (editing). I have seven manuscripts in the process of editing right now and three more I’m writing. All my releases are written (or nearly written) through 2023.
7. My nickname growing up was Sugar Lips. My dad gave me that nickname because I loved apple juice as a little girl. It is the reason the Sugar Series exists.
8. My stomach is paralyzed so I don’t eat food anymore. All my nutrition comes through a formula that goes directly into my small intestines. It makes meal planning easy…
9. I can’t listen to music with lyrics when I write, so I listen to instrumental piano music. I have written over 33 manuscripts to Love’s Reflections by Richard Maddock. There is something about it that inspires me as I write romance.
10. Over 33 years later, I now live only three miles away from the ski hill that some say changed my life in the worst way. I choose to believe it made me who I am today and gave me this beautiful, crazy, wonderful life to live.
Katie Mettner writes small-town romantic tales filled with epic love stories and happily-ever-afters. She proudly wears the title of, ‘the only person to lose her leg after falling down the bunny hill,’ and loves decorating her prosthetic with the latest fashion trends. She lives in Northern Wisconsin with her own happily-ever-after and three mini-mes. Katie has a massive addiction to coffee and Twitter, and a lessening aversion to Pinterest — now that she’s quit trying to make the things she pins.
Author links: Website ~ Instagram ~ Goodreads ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Tour-wide giveaway (INT)
GRAND PRIZE #1:
GRAND PRIZE #2:
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.