A Love Unexpected (Under Kansas Skies #1)
By Leah Brunner
Contemporary Romance; Paperback & ebook, 224 Pages
May 21, 2021 by Leah Brunner Publishing
My one and only goal has always been to make it to congress. I’ve got it all: the looks, the brains, the connections… Except I missed one glaring requirement: a wife.
The conservative voters of Kansas don’t trust an unmarried man. Which means I need a bride. Immediately.
The lovely Odette Hastings seems to fit the bill. She’s a wholesome small-town girl, and most importantly, in need of cash. I’ll give her the money to take care of her elderly parents, and she’ll be the political arm candy I need.
The only problem is Odette is a little too beautiful, a little too intelligent, and much too distracting. I have to keep my eye on the prize. Even when I’m starting to think there might be something I’d rather have more…
(Affiliate links included.)
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository
Top 5 perks of being a congressman's wife:
1. Hello, as many pantsuits in as many different colors as your heart desires!
2. Travel, travel, and more travel! (Only to Washington D.C., but still).
3. Getting dressed up for galas and events! (Sitting through hours of speeches while wearing a corset at said events is a small price to pay).
4. Late nights spending time with your man! (Mostly to help him write speeches for all of those gala's and events).
5. Being in the spotlight! (Sure, your husband will get most of the attention, but being his arm-candy will make it all worthwhile).
About the Author
Leah writes romance full of witty banter and lovable characters. She spends most of her time writing... and also petting her Maine Coon.
Although she's a Kansas girl at heart, Leah is a proud Air Force spouse and currently resides in Northern California with her husband and three children.
Her parents always told her she lived in her own little world and was oblivious to reality. The real world was simply too boring for Leah, writing is how she enjoys sharing her little world with others.
Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Instagram | Bookbub
One winner will receive a $25 Amazon gift card and a copy of A Love Unexpected (signed print to US, ebook outside the US)
Ends November 10, 2021
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.