Birth of a Unicorn: Six Basic Steps To Success by Heather Wilde
Publisher: Sunbury Press, Inc (November 11, 2020)
Category: Business: Women & Business, Entrepreneurship, Personal Finance, Self-Help/Motivational, Non-Fiction
Tour dates: April-May, 2021
Available in Print 158 pages and ebook 184 pages
Birth of a Unicorn: Six Basic Steps to Success is the story of what it takes to found a billion-dollar company — also known as a unicorn. It’s told from the perspective of a founding employee, and shows the years and years of emotional strain, stress and dedication that building a successful company takes — and a framework to follow if you’d like to try it yourself.
In this book, you’ll find the true story behind one of Silicon Valley’s famous companies on its rise to the top. Peek behind the curtain as you see the highs and lows from an insider perspective, on the roller coaster that is the start-up life. What emerges is a lasting friendship, a billion-dollar company, and an understandable framework of success for you to replicate.Buy Birth of a Unicorn by Heather Wilde: Amazon ~ Barnes&Noble ~ IndieBound ~
How to Write Nonfiction Like A Pro
The world is full of nonfiction books. Walk into any bookstore in the country, and you'll find shelves upon shelves of them: "How to" books on every conceivable topic. But how do you write a non-fiction book?
In this post, we will talk about what it takes to write a non-fiction book that sells well, the process that authors go through before they start writing their first draft, and how to revise your work before publishing it.
1. Research: Writing a non-fiction book is a huge task that requires lots of preparation and hard work. It can take years to collect enough information and write all the necessary chapters for your book.
This will help you find the right facts and statistics for your manuscript. It will also give you time to reflect on what you want to write about because some topics might be controversial, and you might not feel comfortable writing about them.
2. Outlining: Once you know what you are writing about, it is time to develop the outline. An outline will let you know what topics are covered in your book and in which order they need to be presented. You will use it as a guide so that you don't forget any important points while writing the manuscript.
3. Audience: It is always important to understand your audience before you write a non-fiction book. This will help you make sure that your book meets the expectations of your readers. If your audience would like to read an academic style book, write it that way as well.
Do you need to answer a question that is in everyone's mind? Is your book addressing an issue that needs to be discussed? Or are you writing a memoir? Although these are all totally different types of books, as an author you can use the same process of following these steps to write them all.
4. Vocabulary: Most people don't think about the quality of their words when they are trying to write a non-fiction book. This is a big mistake, because it can make or break your work. Many times, people will write a manuscript and hand it over to an editor only to find out that their manuscript has grammatical errors that don't make sense.
You need to be meticulous when you are writing. Take the time to choose the words that will best represent your work.
5. Writing: Now that you have your outline and reviewed it several times, it is time to write the manuscript of your book. The manuscript of your book is the first draft that is created by you and reviewed by your editor.
6. Introductions: The introduction is very important because this is where you hook your reader; get him excited about the topic of your book. But don't get carried away. Keep your introduction short and let it introduce the concepts that will be developed in the body of your book.
If you have a strong opinion about something that is discussed in your book, you can also write a separate conclusion for it. This is important for every book because it allows the reader to see where you stand when you finish your book.
7. Editing: The next step is to have your manuscript edited. This stage of the writing process will require some advice from an editor who knows how to provide constructive criticism. An editor will read through the manuscript, identify inconsistencies, and find grammatical errors. It is crucial that you take every comment into consideration and make the necessary changes to avoid making mistakes in the published version of your book.
8. Querying: Book publishing is no different than any other type of business. You need to know how to find a good publisher (or publisher's rep) who will help you market your book once it's finished. The market for non-fiction books is very large, so you can choose from many options when finding the right publisher for your manuscript.
9. Publishing: The final step in writing your non-fiction book is to publish it. This means you will have to send your manuscript to the publisher and wait for them to review it. After they review your work, they will make the necessary changes and send the final version back to you (at least once). You must then copyedit your book one last time before the publisher prints copies and starts promoting it through various platforms such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.
Writing a non-fiction book requires a lot of work, but if you are passionate about the topic you are writing about, it will be worth it. Remember, the greatest benefit any non-fiction author can receive is to help others by sharing your knowledge and experience.
About Heather Wilde:
Heather Wilde was the eighth employee of Evernote, where she oversaw the company’s growth from thousands to 100 million customers. She has published popular games, trained Fortune 500 brands, advised hundreds of start-ups, and managed some major non-profit programs. At her non-profit, Serenze Global, and as a fractional CTO through her company ROCeteer, her award-winning work keeps the Unicorn Whisperer constantly traveling across the globe to find the next unicorn.
Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ IMDB ~
Find the Tour Schedule HERE.
Giveaway Birth of a Unicorn by Heather Wilde
This giveaway is open worldwide for print or eBook (Ends on May 22, 2021,midnight pacific time.) Entries are accepted via Rafflecopter only.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.