From the author of Let’s Talk About Love and If It Makes You Happy, this exuberant YA Novel follows six teens locked together in a mansion, contending for a life-changing cash prize in a competition run by a reclusive heiress.
The Marvelous by Claire Kann
Publication date: June 8th 2021
Genres: Contemporary, Mystery, Young Adult
Everyone thinks they know Jewel Van Hanen. Heiress turned actress turned social media darling who created the massively popular video-sharing app, Golden Rule.
After mysteriously disappearing for a year, Jewel makes her dramatic return with an announcement: she has chosen a few lucky Golden Rule users to spend an unforgettable weekend at her private estate. But once they arrive, Jewel ingeniously flips the script: the guests are now players in an elaborate estate-wide game. And she’s tailored every challenge and obstacle to test whether they have what it takes to win–at any cost.
Told from the perspective of three dazzling players–Nicole: the new queen of Golden Rule; Luna: Jewel’s biggest fan; and Stella: a brilliant outsider–this novel will charm its way into your heart and keep you guessing how it all ends because money isn’t the only thing at stake.
Goodreads ~ Purchase: Amazon ~ B&N ~ iBooks ~ Kobo ~ Google Play ~
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Claire Kann
1. Claire Kann is an alter ego. Who is she?
2. A procrastinator of the highest order, she waits until the last minute to do just about everything.
3. She wants all her protagonists to be happy, feel loved, and never have to struggle (which is great! on paper! until her editor reads her manuscripts!).
4. Speaking of writing, while on deadline she transforms into an insomniatic gargoyle--crouched on a chair, hovering above her keyboard while subsisting on chips, apples, and diet pepsi.
5. She prefers writing shorter books. If she hits that 60,000 word threshold and she’s not close to done, she starts to sweat and panic.
6. SHINee is thanked in the acknowledgements section of every book she has published. Her favorite song is their entire discography.
7. She gives all of her protagonists very cutesy first names--usually from flowers.
8. Her favorite books are the His Dark Materials trilogy. Her daemon would be a hummingbird.
9. A magical girl at heart, her favorite anime are Madoka Magica, Beyond the Boundary, and Sailor Moon.
10. She believes in aliens. Extraterrestrials are out there, man.
Claire Kann is the author of LET’S TALK ABOUT LOVE and an award-winning online storyteller. In her other life, she works for a nonprofit that you may have heard of where she daydreams like she’s paid to do it. Find out more by visiting her website: www.clairekann.com (and while you’re there, tell her about your cats. She loves cats. A lot.)
Author links:Website ~Goodreads ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Newsletter ~ Instagram ~
Tour-wide giveaway (US/CAN)
This grand prize giveaway - ends June 17th:
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.